1. What does the word ‘obesity’ mean to you?
It means when you're overweight for your age and height.
2. Complete the table to show what you know about the differences between people with a healthy weight and people who suffer from obesity:
People with a healthy weight
People who suffer from obesity
What types of food are they likely to eat?
Veges and fruits
takeaways and deep fried food.
How much exercise do you think they do? (or can do?)
3 laps around a rugby field
What might their body look like?
really fit and muscular or skinny and slim.
really large and fat
What types of health problems might they have? Would they have any?
Flue, cold, and headache.
diabetes, heart disease, and heart attacks
How might people in society (place and people where you live) treat them?
They would be disgusted
How might they be feeling about themselves? Why?
good because their fit and healthy
embarrassed and not feeling well about themselves.
3. So what is the main difference between people of a healthy weight and people who suffer from obesity?
That one is healthy and one isn’t
4. What do you think you need to do to stay a healthy weight?
Eat your veges and fruits.
5. Which is the best type of exercise for you that you enjoy doing?
4. Has the video changed your thinking about being healthy and the importance of a healthy diet and lifestyle? Why? Why not?
yes because ever since I have watched the video I do not want to become obese.
6. What are the main health benefits of being a healthy weight?
Doing Exercise and sleeping well