Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Kiwi Sport Netball

Kiwi Sport Netball
Netball is one of New Zealand’s most common sports, it is also played around the world as well. Our class have been attending Kiwi Sport Netball in the hall with Merrin for the past 4 weeks. I’m not a big fan of netball but I decided to just give it a try. When I took part in our first netball lesson it wasn't to bad.

I was away for our first lesson so my first session was about defense. We learnt how to follow and block your attacker from getting the ball. We also got to learn how to pass a netball and shoot it as well. Merrin said when you shoot you have to hold the netball above your head and shoot it. She also said when you pass a netball it is best to past from your chest.

Our class went to Kiwi Sport Netball today and we learnt about pivoting. If you were to jump and catch the ball, the first foot that lands on the ground stays there and your second foot can pivot. We had a little netball game today. It was really confusing for me because I didn't know where I was allowed and where I wasn't. I also didn't know my position until I got to play. There are only seven positions in netball they are goal shoot, goal attack, wing attack, wing defense, goal defense, goalkeeper and center.

Through out the past four weeks of learning netball hasn't been too bad. Netball was alright but I’m not to sure if I want to play again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment